BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Thoughts on Choosing an Agent--or The Great Agent Hunt by Sally MacKenzie


We've been told a million different opinions. Have one. Don't have one. Need one. Don't need one.

I asked multi-published author, Sally MacKenzie, when is the right time to find an agent?

"In a perfect world, I suppose I’d have had an agent when I made my first sale, but things didn’t work out that way. When I signed with Jessica Faust of Bookends, LLC, I had my second two-book contract on the table–and in some ways this was a good thing. I wasn’t focused on selling, but on finding a person to help me manage my career, and I’d spent a year working with a New York publisher and observing with keen interest–since I knew I would need an agent soon–how my newly and not so newly published pals interacted with their agents.

Read More...



0 comments: