BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Why I write erotic regency romance by Brita Addams


I haven't settled on one genre yet, but this is a great question. How do you start writing what you're writing? I caught up with author, Brita Addams, and asked
Tell us how you got into writing erotic Regency romance?
"I am writing this strictly as an author who prayed fervently for publisher recognition and finally found it. As a person who doesn't 'jump the gun' as my mother used to say, I did my homework before deciding to write something I hoped one day would find its way into a reader's hands that didn't belong to someone I was related to.

Much like the experience our parents were always talking about us getting, in order to write anything, it had to be something I knew something about. I love romance and I also love history, particularly American and British. Reading Regency romance was almost a given, a perfect fit. The Regency was a time of social strictures and mores the like of which we, in our times, have never seen. As an author, I enjoy putting my characters into situations that are contrary to social expectations. When I can take an aristocrat and reduce him to mush with one look or touch from a feisty, independent lady, I am a happy camper."
Read More

0 comments: